The Vernal Equinox occurs early Tuesday Morning heralding the beginning of the season of Spring in the Northern Hemisphere:
* Tue., March 20, 1:14 a.m. EDT - Vernal Equinox - Spring Season begins in Northern Hemisphere of Earth: beginning of New Year (solar calendar) in Afghanistan and Iran.
NASA Launching 5 Rockets in 5 Minutes This Week: How to Watch
by Joe Rao, SPACE.com Skywatching Columnist
Date: 19 March 2012 Time: 01:38 PM ET
NASA is once again hoping to launch five rockets in just over five minutes this week — a space barrage that promises to put on a spectacular midnight light show of luminescent vapor trails above the U.S. East Coast — but only if Mother Nature cooperates.
After a series of delays due to bad weather and a technical glitch, NASA is aiming to launch the five-rocket barrage as early as late Tuesday night. The sky display may puzzle and amaze some unsuspecting observers, so before you call to your local news or police, here is why this is happening and when you may see it.
Glenn A. Walsh, Project Director,
Friends of the Zeiss < http://friendsofthezeiss.org >
Electronic Mail - < email@example.com >
SPACE & SCIENCE NEWS, ASTRONOMICAL CALENDAR:
Twitter: < http://twitter.com/
Facebook: < http://www.facebook.com/pages/
Blog: < http://spacewatchtower.
Author of History Web Sites on the Internet --
* Buhl Planetarium, Pittsburgh:
* Adler Planetarium, Chicago:
* Astronomer, Educator, Optician John A. Brashear:
< http://johnbrashear.tripod.com >
* Andrew Carnegie & Carnegie Libraries:
* Civil War Museum of Andrew Carnegie Free Library:
< http://garespypost.tripod.com >
* cable-car railway, Pittsburgh:
* Public Transit: