Iconic photograph of Buzz Aldren, the second man to walk on the Moon.
(Image Source: NASA)
By Glenn A. Walsh
Reporting for SpaceWatchtower
July 20 marks the 50th anniversary of the first landing of human beings on another planetary body, the Earth's Moon. For those of you who were alive back then and observed this historic event, NASA wants to hear from you---or, if you were too young to remember this event, perhaps you can send an interview of a family member who did experience the excitement of watching history-in-the-making!
NASA is starting an Oral History Project seeking vocal comments from Americans who observed the first steps of American astronauts on the Moon, which culminated the 1960s Space Race in which the United States beat Russia to the Moon. This Oral History Project will continue for the rest of the year, with submission recordings due by 2019 December 31.
However, for those who can submit their recorded comments before June 14, those comments may be included in NASA Explorers: Apollo, a special NASA “commemorative audio series that examines the Moon’s cultural and scientific influence over the last half century, while also peering into the future of planetary exploration.”
For those of you too young to remember the Apollo Moon Landings, you can still participate in this project. Perhaps your parents, grandparents, or other relatives or friends remember this historic event. You could interview them and send that recording or recordings to NASA.
All of these recorded comments and interviews will be archived as part of the NASA Explorers: Apollo Oral History Project. And, NASA will use some of these recordings for the commemorative audio series, posted on the NASA web-site, and posted on NASA's social media platforms.
Send the completed recording(s) to the following e-mail address:
The following are guidelines and suggestions from NASA for completing the recordings and submitting your stories to NASA ---
How to record and submit your storyThe deadline to submit your story to the Oral History Project is 2019 December 31. However, submissions received before 2019 June 14 will have the best chance at being featured within the audio series.
- Open the voice recording app on your mobile device. If you don’t have one, there are several free options you can download from your preferred app store.
- Record your story or interview. Try to follow the recording tips and guidelines below.
- Email your audio file to email@example.com. In the text of your email, include your full name, your hometown and state. If you interviewed someone, please include their full name and hometown as well. Include any information you think helps give context to your story. (“I interviewed my grandma. She was 15 years old when the astronauts landed on the Moon …”).
- Keep an eye on your in-box. You’ll receive
a thank-you email from us and we may follow up to get more detail or
clarify something in your story.
Recording tips and guidelines
- Try to keep your answers to each question under 120 seconds. Shorter stories will have a greater chance of being featured within NASA’s Apollo audio series, but longer stories may still be featured on nasa.gov or social media as a part of the Oral History Project.
- Start the recording by introducing yourself and telling us where you’re from. If you’re interviewing someone, do the same for them. We want to give you credit for the story!
- Hold the recording device at least 6 inches from your face, or simply place it on a table in front of you or between you and the person you’re interviewing.
- Allow for a natural pause between questions and answers.
- Preferred audio file formats are .mp3, .mp4, .m4a or .wav.
- What does exploration mean to you?
- What do you think it would be like to see humans walk on the Moon again?
- When you think of the Moon, what comes to mind?
- What do you want to know about the Moon?
- Where were you when humans walked on the Moon for the first time? Describe who you were with, what you were thinking, the atmosphere and how you were feeling.
- What was your life like in 1969?
- Do you remember learning about space in school? If so, what
do you remember?
Special Thanks: James J. Mullaney, former Curator of Exhibits and Astronomy at Pittsburgh's original Buhl Planetarium and Institute of Popular Science.
Internet Links to Additional Information ---
NASA News Release: "Share Your Apollo Story with NASA."
Link >>> https://www.nasa.gov/apollostories
Apollo 11 ---
Link 1 >>> https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/apollo/missions/apollo11.html
Link 2 >>> https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/apollo/apollo-11.html
Link 3 >>> https://www.nasa.gov/apollo11-gallery
Link 4 >>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_11
Source: Glenn A. Walsh Reporting for SpaceWatchtower, a project of Friends of the Zeiss.
Wednesday, 2019 May 15.
Like This Post? Please Share!
More Astronomy & Science News - SpaceWatchtower Twitter Feed:
Link >>> https://twitter.com/spacewatchtower
Astronomy & Science Links: Link >>> http://buhlplanetarium.tripod.com/#sciencelinks
Want to receive SpaceWatchtower blog posts in your in-box ?
Send request to < firstname.lastname@example.org >.
Glenn A. Walsh, Informal Science Educator & Communicator:
< http://buhlplanetarium2.tripod.com/weblog/spacewatchtower/gaw/ >
Electronic Mail: < email@example.com >
Project Director, Friends of the Zeiss: < http://buhlplanetarium.tripod.com/fotz/ >
SpaceWatchtower Editor / Author: < http://spacewatchtower.blogspot.com/ >
Formerly Astronomical Observatory Coordinator & Planetarium Lecturer, original Buhl Planetarium & Institute of Popular Science (a.k.a. Buhl Science Center), Pittsburgh's science & technology museum from 1939 to 1991.
Formerly Trustee, Andrew Carnegie Free Library and Music Hall, Pittsburgh suburb of Carnegie, Pennsylvania.
Author of History Web Sites on the Internet --
* Buhl Planetarium, Pittsburgh:
* Adler Planetarium, Chicago:
* Astronomer, Educator, Optician John A. Brashear:
< http://johnbrashear.tripod.com >
* Andrew Carnegie & Carnegie Libraries:
Very interesting and informative post, special thanks for the links,ReplyDelete
I hope that your article will be helpful. CSUF Portal Information
Best and Top Interior Designers in Gurgaon If you are confounded? Try not to stress. We offer a free conference to help you in settling on a choice with the best vision and quality that you merit.ReplyDelete
||Best Modular Office Furniture in Gurgaon
||modular furniture manufacturerin gurgaon
||office furniture manufacturer in gurgaon
||Best Modular Kitchen Manufacturers In Gurgaon
||Best Modular Kitchen Manufacturers In Delhi
||Best Office Furniture In Gurgaon
||Best Office Furniture In Delhi
||Best Home Furniture Manufacturer in Gurgaon
||Best Home Furniture Manufacturer in Delhi
||Best Wooden Modular Almirah manufacturer in Gurgaon
||Best Wooden Modular Almirah manufacturer in Delhi
||Best Wooden Partition Manufacturers in Gurgaon
||Best Wooden Partition Manufacturers in Delhi
||Best False Ceiling Manufacturer In Gurgaon
||Best False Ceiling Manufacturer In Delhi
||Best Greed False Ceiling Manufacturer In Gurgaon
||Best Greed False Ceiling Manufacturer In Delhi
شركة نقل عفش بالرياض وجدة والدمام والخبر والجبيل اولقطيف والاحساء والرياض وجدة ومكة المدينة المنورة والخرج والطائف وخميس مشيط وبجدة افضل شركة نقل عفش بجدة نعرضها مجموعة الفا لنقل العفش بمكة والخرج والقصيم والطائف وتبوك وخميس مشيط ونجران وجيزان وبريدة والمدينة المنورة وينبع افضل شركات نقل الاثاث بالجبيل والطائف وخميس مشيط وبريدة وعنيزو وابها ونجران المدينة وينبع تبوك والقصيم الخرج حفر الباطن والظهرانReplyDelete
شركة نقل عفش بجدة
شركة نقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة
شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض
شركة نقل عفش بالدمام
شركة نقل عفش بالطائف
شركة نقل عفش بمكة
شركة نقل عفش بينبع
كهربائي منازل بعجمان
كهربائي فلل بعجمان
دهانات واصباغ واعمال ديكور في عجمان
It's a pleasure for me to write this testimony about this wonderful thing that happened to me last week on how i got my peripheral artery disease (PAD) cured, i have been reading so-many post of some people who were cured of peripheral artery disease (PAD), but i never believed them, I was hurt and depressed so I was too curious and wanted to try dr emu when i contact him, he assured me 100% that he will heal me, i pleaded with him to help me out, it's a great success that he healed just as he promised, he told me that in three days time that i should go and check on my peripheral artery disease (PAD) status, I was floored that when i went to the hospital to check of my status that i was peripheral artery disease (PAD) negative, i never thought possible that dr emu can do miracles, i never really believed in magic but I played along with a little hope and faith and after everything but dr emu changed my life and made me a true believer you can contact him firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com or whatsapp Number: +2347012841542 website: https://emutemple.wordpress.com/ he said that he is also specialize on the following diseases: HERPES, HIV, ALS, HPV, DIABETES, HEPATITIS B, CANCER, SICKLE CELL, VIRGINAL DRYNESS, And Bring Back Your Ex back.ReplyDelete