July 24, 2012
MOSCOW—An unmanned Russian cargo spacecraft has failed to dock with the International Space Station due to a technical failure, Russian space officials said on Tuesday.
The Progress cargo ship separated from the station Sunday to perform engineering tests and try out a new docking system and was due to dock with the station early Tuesday.
Sources: Associated Press, Boston Globe
Glenn A. Walsh, Project Director,
Friends of the Zeiss < http://friendsofthezeiss.org >
Electronic Mail - < email@example.com >
SPACE & SCIENCE NEWS, ASTRONOMICAL CALENDAR:
Twitter: < http://twitter.com/
Facebook: < http://www.facebook.com/pages/
Blog: < http://spacewatchtower.
Author of History Web Sites on the Internet --
* Buhl Planetarium, Pittsburgh:
* Adler Planetarium, Chicago:
* Astronomer, Educator, Optician John A. Brashear:
< http://johnbrashear.tripod.com >
* Andrew Carnegie & Carnegie Libraries:
* Civil War Museum of Andrew Carnegie Free Library:
< http://garespypost.tripod.com >
* cable-car railway, Pittsburgh:
* Public Transit: